Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Sweet Smell of Death

Visiting college friends is a lot of fun, but it certainly has its disadvantages. For example, if you’re at war and you leave, the enemy has a golden chance to gain significant ground.

The day after I got back from Beloit, I discovered an ant crawling along my desk. Then I saw another on the floor. Then another. Then another. I followed a short path to the bathroom floor, which was crawling with the suckers. Twenty or thirty easily. As soon as I realized how bad it was, I got into my car and drove to a nearby hardware store. It was eight o’clock at night.

What traversed over the next hour was a vicious retaliation as I defended the home land. Following the strategies on the Raid can, I soaked them until the floors where slick with poison and after I swept up the bodies and mopped the floor, I secured a perimeter in the bathroom. (Where I occasionally see one or two of the suckers.) I used a whole can.

I would like to thank Raid for supplying the weaponry. Not only did they include the strategy, the spray also comes in two scents (plus a scentless). I opted for Country Fresh, making my victory that much sweeter.

No comments: